GNU Cash Transactions - Wiped Out

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Fri Nov 10 09:14:28 EST 2017

On 11/9/2017 3:39 PM, Roy Molepo wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I have been using GNU Cash and processed transactions for 12 months.
> Today when I opened the Program all my processed transactions have been
> wiped out / disappeared. All balances are now ZEROS.
>
> How can I recover my processed transactions?
> Help will be highly APPRECIATED.
>
> Yours Sincerely
>
> Roy Molepo
Let's get clear about what you are and are not seeing. If I am wrong
interpreting what you are trying to describe, say so.

I am taking what you describe when starting gnucash is that it opens a
file where you DO see all of the accounts you expect to see, but when
you ask it to open an account, you don't see the transactions you expect
to see.

Things to check:
a) Is this the right file that was opened? You should see its name
displayed. Remember, you data is NOT "in the program" but in data files
(you can have several, one program (gnucash) being used to keep
different books.

b) If it is the right file, check that there are no date range filters
in effect. For example, if you were (accidentally) asking gnucash to
show you just 2018 on you would not expect to see any transactions.

Michael D Novack