Currency/metals quotes with new f::q 1.45?

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Sun Nov 12 16:38:39 EST 2017

listreader <suselist at cableone.net> writes:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 17:37:50 +0100
> Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net> wrote:
>
>> listreader <suselist at cableone.net> writes:
>>
>> > I am using GnuCash 2.6.16 and Finance-Quote 1.45 (linux).  US stock
>> > quotes work fine for me but I am not getting how to get precious
>> > metals quotes to work through the gnucash frontend.  I think I've
>> > tried every possible combo of settings in gnucash.  Is this
>> > available yet?
>>
>> please check F::Q version 1.47 (untested).
>
> Hello Erik.
>
> 1.47 - No errors but returns the wrong price data, i.e. for gold:
>
> :~> gnc-fq-dump alphavantage XAU
>
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>     symbol: XAU                  <=== required
>       date: 11/10/2017           <=== recommended
>   currency: USD                  <=== required
>       last: 6.5100               <=\

>From the F::Q Examples I get following data:

~/DEVELOPMENT/finance-quote >>> perl -Ilib Examples/currency-lookup.pl XAU USD
XAU->USD = 1275.81939501

and for XAG
~/DEVELOPMENT/finance-quote >>> perl -Ilib Examples/currency-lookup.pl XAG USD
XAG->USD = 16.89097601

Can you check those on your system ?

> On another note: on my system (openSUSE Leap 42.3) AlphaVantage.pm got
> installed with eXecute permissions while all the other .pm have only
> Read permissions.  Was that intended?

nope... Have to check that, but that won't hurt.

best
--
erik colson