GnuCash Version 2.6.17 No Longer Downloads Quotes

Robert L. Kief robert.l.kief at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 18:11:52 EST 2017

Gentlemen:

I'm running Linux Mint 18.1.

I've installed Finance::Quote 1.45 and acquired an ALPHAVANTAGE key.
I've tested 1.45 by using this string "export
ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=################" in terminal (using my new key, of
course).  1.45 returns the proper quote information.  I found the
"environment" file at "etc/gnucash/environment" and added two lines to
the bottom of that file:

# ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY

ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=################

Replacing "################" with my new key.

I'm unable to download quotes using the GnuCash Price Editor with
Vanguard as my source.  After a system restart (because it couldn't
hurt), and changing my source to "T. Rowe Price, US", I am still unable
to download quotes using the GnuCash Price Editor.  ALPHAVANTAGE isn't
one of my choices in Security Editor/Source Quote Information.
Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

Any help will certainly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Robert L. Kief