Currency/metals quotes with new f::q 1.45?

listreader suselist at cableone.net
Sun Nov 12 22:27:47 EST 2017

> >> me "0.0200".  Should I NOT be using alphavantage for the currency
> >> quotes in gc?
> >
> > I have no idea.  I don't know how gnucash actually gets the quote
> > for currencies from F::Q.  It might i.e. use another method...
> > Maybe a developper from GnuCash can help here?
>
> We use the Finance::Quote currency method, see
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/src/quotes/gnc-fq-helper.in#L346
> and
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/src/quotes/gnc-fq-dump#L165.
>
> When using the scripts directly one must use source currency, e.g.
>
> gnc-fq-dump currency USD GBP

I just ran through the gc Price Editor quote-source options again.  The
new gc f::q option for "single=>Yahoo as JSON", which wasn't there when
I ran thru the options on an earlier rev of f::q, does apparently
*work* for the metals.

For "Yahoo as JSON" the symbol for XAG into USD is XAGUSD=X and XAU is
XAUUSD=X.

The quotes are delayed by some undetermined amount of time whereas the
alphavantage currency quotes are real time but this is VERY good to
have (for as long as yahoo allows it to exist).

Thanks very much for your work, Erik. (And thanks also, John, for gc).

Ralph