How to find out which securities need to be switched from Yahoo to Alphavantage

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 22:21:18 EST 2017

I wrote a script to entirely replace your price history with monthly prices for the time you own a stock or mutual fund. It is available on github, but it's strictly unsanctioned, since it modifies the data file directly. I don't know whether the latest issues with F::Q affect it or not. Googling "new price history Gnucash" will lead you to the post I sent last year.

I am having no trouble with those exchanges. Alphavantage is working for me for: FUND, NASDAQ, NASDAQGS, NYSE, NYSEARCA, and OTC.

To be clear, those are the types entered in the security entry. I have set the online source for all of these to Unknown:alphavantage without problem. My Vanguard funds are all set to Alphavantage without trouble.

David T.