Bank reconciliation

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 22:33:37 EST 2017

That’s what I use as well. I think the usual terminology is Assets:Current Assets:Undeposited Funds.

Some people also call this the ‘check clearing’ account though 'Undeposited Funds' is more generalized and could include cash. A business which maintains a ‘Petty Cash’ account and otherwise deposits everything else would use this to ‘hold’ funds until that deposit is made. This way you never co-mingle physical cash with Petty Cash and you can easily audit your payment receipts vs. deposits.

Regards,
Adrien