Finance::Quote still not working with alphavantage

Frank Saporito frank.saporito.md at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 12:14:11 EST 2017

I have been working on this problem for several days and reluctantly have to
bother the mailing list members for help.

I followed the instructions on:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_doesn.27t_online_quoting_work.3F
<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_doesn.27t_online_quoting_work.3F>

I have an alphavantage API key
I have Finance::Quote ver 1.47
I run GnuCash in CentOS 6 (not that it matters)
I have update appended /etc/gnucash/environment as follows:
    ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY= (my api key)
I restarted GnuCash
I changed the securities to get online quotes from alphavantage

Even so, GnuCash price editor is unable to retrieve quotes.

I believe that, despite the correct API key (I tested it via a LO Calc)
identified in the environment file, it is not being accepted by GnuCash
based on the return for the gnc-fq-dump below:

# gnc-fq-dump -v alphavantage T
Finance:: Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: T (deduced)          <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== required
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock T

stock           field  value
T            errormsg: Expected ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY to be set; get an API
key at https://www.alphavantage.co
T                last: **missing**
T                 nav: **missing**
T               price: **missing**
T             success: 0

I have checked the environment file numerous times.  Gedit was used to
update the environment file.