option to disable webgtk?

Klaus Dahlke kdahlke at gmx.de
Sun Nov 19 16:34:32 EST 2017

I use gnucash on Archlinux compiling by myself. After the last upgrade gnucash stopped working due a missing libicuuc-version ...so.59.

After playing around with downgrading some stuff etc (which doesn't work), recompiling webkit-2.4.9 (didn't work either) I did follow the recommendation in https://forum.manjaro.org/t/gnucash-latest-update-missing/31927/14, downgraded cairo and also installed the Libicuuc libs in version ...50 parallel to the ...60 version.

with ./configure --enable-aqbankig --guile=1.8 compilation run successful and gnucash works.

For what is webkit used/required? Only for reports? If so, is there an easy way to disable webkit usage? I use gnucash with the sql backend and have my own reporting as a ruby on rails application.

Thanks and best regards,
Klaus