GnuCash question

George Riner georgeriner at mycogeo.com
Tue Nov 21 21:56:46 EST 2017

Interesting interpretation of what the period (or 'dot') symbol means as punctuation between the levels of revisions in the releases. It does not mean a decimal fraction part thereof. It is more representative of say an outline level, such as what Microsoft Word would produce if one had subheadings numbered 1 through 18 - the ones numbered 1 through 9 would not have a zero and I think most people would readily understand that 3 is less than 18.

2.6.18 means the 18th revision of the 6th version of release 2.

If the future versions of gnucash proceed up to "2.10", I don't think the developers should expected to go back and renumber 2.1 to 2.01; 2.2 to 2.02; etc.; Nor should they have been expected to start that numbering at the outset not knowing if they would even get to a 2.10 before getting to release 3.0

: George
-- -- --
Sent by Droid.