GnuCash question

Dean Gibson gnucash.stuff at mailpen.com
Tue Nov 21 22:10:49 EST 2017

Exactly!  Since there are two periods in the version number, they cannot
possibly be a decimal fraction indicator.  Each number (major version,
minor version, & revision level) are separate whole numbers.

If one is using Windows 10, go to the "System" page & note the current
Microsoft version: 10.16299.64.  Soon the revision level (typically
every time an update forces a reboot) will be over 100, just like for
earlier builds.  There is never a leading zero, because each number is a
whole number, not a decimal fraction.

This is a standard industry way of denoting the major version, minor
version, & revision level.