Could not obtain the lock

moirag at web.net moirag at web.net
Tue Nov 21 23:19:16 EST 2017

> I believe that others will concur that you do not have write permission in
> the folder containing that data file.  Is your user name User?

Yes, my user name is User. Should I change it (if I can figure out how)?

> That is also why GnuCash failed to create a .LCK file.  You need to make
a new folder on your desktop, call it Moira_GnuCash_Data or similar and
use file manager to save a copy of the data file there.  Alternatively,
when you have the file open in GnuCash just do a Save As... into a new
folder
on your desktop.  You will not be able to save any data until you do that.

It has to be on my desktop?? OK, i'll try that ... tomorrow ... and report
back.

Moira