Could not obtain the lock

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 04:27:28 EST 2017

Moira,

Do you have similar problems with other files on that computer?  Do you
check it for malware regularly?  It seems a little odd that you were able
to place the file there without write permission unless you do have
multiple users on that computer.  You may need to find an expert that is
familiar with permissions issues.

Another thing you could try is to put the GnuCash data file on a USB key
and see if it can be opened , closed and saved.

David C