Password screw-up "magic fix"?

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:14:52 EST 2017

I've used GnuCash for a long time, have the current stable version, Windows
10.

Question:  Since Adam & Eve first danced, whenever I *accidently* hit
"remember PIN" (something I would never do intentionally, but seem to do
from time to time) when downloading transactions on a particular account,
I'm always screwed.  "Screwed" meaning, after that it will never
successfully download transactions for that account.  I've posted about this
from time to time over the years (when I had more hair), and I've never
gotten a satisfactory explanation and honestly, at this point, I really
don't care.  However... when that does happen, there is no way to reverse
that designation (it seems to have no connection with the option in
"preferences" to remember the pin, eg if you accidently hit "remember pin",
and then go to look at the setting in preferences, the "remember pin" option
is not checked).  So what I end up doing is going to online banking setup,
REMOVING the setup for that account, and then redoing it...

I know, I know, you want to know what my question is...

I keep a careful backup of my files, including the supplementary files.  Can
someone specifically tell me, if I want to RESTORE an older online setup,
what folders and files do I need to restore, to just address the online
banking config setups???

Obviously (?) like an idiot I managed to hit that "remember pin" box earlier
today when dreaming about turkey, and had to go in and delete and re-create
my account settings.  Thus what prompted this question on turkey day.

Thanks...