Unable to open 2nd set of accounts on one MacBook Pro

John Nightingale johnnigh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 22:00:38 EST 2017

I am treasurer of two quite different organisations. I have kept accounts for both using gnucash, but on two different Macs. Now I have only one Mac. Both sets of accounts are primarily held on a USB stick, one for each organisation.

Why can I not open the accounts on the USB stick that used to be opened on the older Mac, now deceased? I attempt to open via double-clicking a file (I’ve tried them all) of the desired accounts, but always the other set of accounts opens. I have also tried to open from the opened accounts by closing all windows, but that merely makes the app quit.

I have also tried to duplicate the app and locate it in the folder containing the second set of accounts, but that doesn’t work either.

Is there a way to resolve this?
John N.