Currency conversion

Carlos A. Garcia carlos.alberto.garcia.ar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 10:43:16 EST 2017

   Dear All,
   I faced the problem, during november, that can not obtain the USD to
   ARS conversion (Argentina).
   I use Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
   I have the version 2.6.18 compiled in October (in that moment, works
   perfect) + Finance::Quote is up to date (1.47).
   I try to follow the procedure with ALPHAVANATAGE indicate in
   [1]https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_fix_a_system_error_whe
   n_getting_stock_quotes.3F
   and have some issues.
     *     I already have the ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY

     *     I changed the file /etc/gnucash/environment

     *     In.... Using the Security Editor in GnuCash edit every security
       with Get Online Quotes enabled that uses a Yahoo! source and either
       disable Get Online Quotes or change the the type of quote source to
       "Unkown" and the source to "alphavantage". Every time that changed:
       "change the the type of quote source to "Unkown" and the source to
       "alphavantage" and accept and reopen to check, the changes was
       ommited and returned to "Unico" / "moneda" (Spanish)

     *     If unmark "disable Get Online Quotes", accept the changes when
       I reopen and verify, but never update the currency and inform "No
       hay mercado de mercancía para obtener cotizaciones".

   Possibly I have something wrong. But I tested every thing I read.
   Any help will be appreciated.
   Best Regards