Budget Report suggestion

gbguy ereeder at mailup.net
Sun Oct 1 18:49:02 EDT 2017

I'm now starting to use the Budget Report and would really like one feature
(/it would have been more, but in my research I've found that you can export
your reports to HTML which addresses the majority of my printing issues/).

I'd like you be able to specify the number of reporting periods when you RUN
a Budget Report.  This would affect both the display and the "Column with
Totals" computations.

This might best be explained by example:
I create a 12-period Yearly Budget in January.  When I run the Budget Report
I have the Display options: Show Budget, Show Actual, and Show Column with
Totals.

Currently if I run this at the end of each month the Column Totals shows the
Actual total to date and the *Budget total for the entire year*.  I'd like
the Budget total to only cover a specified number of periods.

This would allow you to easily see at the end of each month how you compare
against your budget to that point in the year.  For example, if you ran the
report in June /you would specify you only wanted to report 6 periods/.
Only the Bgt and Act columns for January through June would be displayed and
the displayed Column Totals(Bgt and Act) would reflect only January through
June.

/To simplify things the really important feature is controlling whether the
Column Budget total can be limited to a specified number of periods.  If the
entire year of Bgt/Act columns has to be displayed, so be it./