only deposits show

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 01:11:17 EDT 2017

You do not mention important details that are needed to give a definitive
answer, but assuming that you followed the a likely path, you exported
transactions from your Quicken file in QIF format then imported them into
GnuCash in the same format.

The QIF format creates a data section for each account which includes
transfers to or from whatever other accounts are used.  To get complete
information you need a section for every asset and liability account in
your file.  I would guess that you are missing some sections for some of
your accounts.

It happens that Quicken uses the term Category for account types Income and
Expense, and there is no need to have QIF sections for Categories, but all
Asset and Liability accounts need to be imported individually or in a
combined file.

If your Quicken file is large we usually recommend breaking down your QIF
file into separate files for each account, and possibly for limited time
intervals, such as Bank1_2016, Bank1_2015, etc.This helps to get better
results with matching the two sides of transfers during the import and
avoiding Imbalance entries.

Good Luck.

David C