Can't print checks or reports using gnucash

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 14:10:00 EDT 2017

Ah, sorry John. I wish I could say I live up to your standards! Unfortunately, I was duped by the error message. I'm glad you are correcting my misinformation.

Cheers,
David

On October 3, 2017, at 10:43 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2017, at 8:03 AM, David T. via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Walter,
>
> I am not an expert, but the error kind of sounds like maybe Perl isn’t properly (re) installed?
>
> David
>
>> On Oct 3, 2017, at 1:19 AM, Walter Cinsavich <wcinsavich at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I had a major windows 10 64 bit error. It was necessary to do a major
>> recovery process of windows 10. All programs and apps were lost during the
>> windows recovery. However, my gnucash data was saved. After the recovery
>> was performed, I had to reinstall Gnucash. All my gnucash data was
>> recovered and in good shape. Since the recovery, I cannot print any checks
>> or reports. Everytime I execute a print command, blank data is sent to the
>> print. The printer gets the alert to print but nothing is available to
>> print. I am using gnucash 2.6.18. The trace log is as follows:
>> * 10:30:16  WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute
>> child process (No such file or directory)
>> Can anyone help me?

David,

You know better than that. That message is part of the checks for Finance::Quote, the only reason GnuCash uses perl at all. It has nothing to do with printing.

Walter,

What happens if you save to pdf? Is the report properly saved? What about if you export the HTML then open it in a browser: Can the browser print the report?

Regards,
John Ralls