OFX failing for Bank Of America Checking

Lincoln A Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Wed Oct 4 22:51:13 EDT 2017

I am a BAC customer.

This has been working for me for at least the last several years, ever
since I first set it up.
The last time I down loaded transactions was Sep 8. (successfully)
This email triggered me to try it this evening.

I got exactly the same errors as those below.

In the aqbanking setup, I changed the quicken emulation from no
selection to Quicken 2013 (which is the latest offered).

Note that Quicken tends to desupport software 3 years after it is
released...

It still did not work with exactly the same error.
I think everyone who was using BAC with the current GC is probably
screwed.  When I called the bank, I got now help because this is not
quicken.  I checked my version of aqbanking:

# apt-get install -s aqbanking-tools
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
aqbanking-tools is already the newest version (5.6.12-1+b1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 126 not upgraded.

So it appears we not going to be downloading BAC transactions directly
into GC via aqbqnking for a while. I suspect quicken has changed the
software it is providing to the bank... and broken this interface.

Sadly, I think it is going to take a update to aqbanking to fix this.

:-( :-(

I was able to download, and import an OFX file.  Interestingly,
however, it did not recognize the account, and I had to select it even
though the routing number and account number it showed me in the import
 dialog were correct.  I suspect the OFX files have changed somewhat as
well, which might be consistent with Quicken being updated at BAC.

Lincoln

BTW: I've decided since GnuCash has been removed from Debian stretch --because it depends on desupported packages removed from stretch --
(THIS IS VERY BAD), that I am not going to do any significant upgrades
until I absolutely have to.