[MAINT] Network Work on Code Sunday, Oct 1, 1-4pm EDT

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 6 09:39:20 EDT 2017

David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> writes:

> Derek,
>
> Is it possible to read event logs and determine that some pieces of equipment
> are definitely not causing the problem?

Well, if I unplug or otherwise disable the VM server then the problem
goes away.  Similarly, if I shutdown two of the VMs (the two that
generate the most traffic, by the way), the problem goes away.  I tried
rebuilding one of the VMs and swapped over to that one (to test if,
perhaps, the VM had been hacked)..  The problem did not go away.

SO..  I have ordered a new network card for the server which should
arrive tomorrow.  HOPEFULLY that will solve the problem.  We'll know soon.