Scheduled Transactions, Variables and Formulas

Cheryl Wheeler c_wheeler_2002 at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 11 12:23:43 EDT 2017

I am playing with variables and formulas in scheduled transactions. I
created a test SX using the example shown here
(https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Scheduled_Transactions#Bank_Account_Interest).
When I tried to save the SX, GnuCash gave me an error message saying
that it couldn't parse the formula. After some experimentation, I found
that the problem seems to be the use of the variable "i" when passed as
a parameter to the function "computeInterestIncrement". If I change i to
a numeral, then the formula parses; if I use i alone (no function call),
it parses.

The example in the wiki is from 2005. Assuming that it once worked, have
there been intentional changes such that it is no longer expected to
work, or would this be a bug? I am using GnuCash 2.6.15 on Windows 7.