[MAINT] More network maintenance for Saturday

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Oct 12 22:26:36 EDT 2017

On Thu, October 12, 2017 9:58 pm, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:21:12AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Alas, not the router.  So I'm still thinking the modem.
>> Now I need to figure out how to properly reproduce the issue using a
>> single laptop.
>
> cable/cabling problem?

Nope.  Replaced the cabled.  Tried different ports..
Pretty much the only thing I haven't replaced is the switch itself and the
Modem.  I'm pretty sure it's not the switch, because the problem goes away
when I unplug (or turn off) the VM system.  So I think it's the modem,
being triggered by the traffic pattern from the VM systems.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745