Vendor Bill - Invoice Entries

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Mon Oct 16 09:17:19 EDT 2017

On 10/15/2017 10:08 PM, DaveC49 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The facilities you are requesting are likely to require an inventory
> management system. At present Gnucash is an accounting package and currently
> does not incorporate any features for inventory management. As far as i know
> there are no plans to incorporate such features in the near future. To do so
> would reuire a developer(s) interested in developing these features.
> Similarly while it can handle the accounting specific side of payroll
> management it does not handle the calculation of payrolls, deductions, taxes
> etc. You may need to took at ERP software if you require these facilities.
>
> David Cousens

I am going to point something out. Gnucash is an accounting package. A
business might need a number of OTHER packages that would interact with
the accounting package, but normally are separate parts. Why separate?
Because which of these other parts a business might want/need depend on
the business. A unified business application (including ALL the
different possible pieces) would be unnecessarily bulky, with a given
business never using many of those pieces.

inventory -- only if the business HAS inventory that it sells
payroll ------ only if the business has employees (employees in the
legal sense of that word)
billed time -- only of a business deals in "billable hours"
POS --- only if a business does this kind of retail << point of sales
not only interacts with accounting but also inventory >>
etc. etc. etc.

Since I do accounting just for non-profits, I am aware of OTHER "pieces"
that would apply to this specialty. Just because I may be using gnucash
to provide these pieces does NOT mean "part of gnucash" << I am simply
ALSO using gnucash to implement "virtual  books" for those specific
pieces >>

Michael D Novack