command line QIF import

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Oct 18 00:11:27 EDT 2017

> On Oct 17, 2017, at 8:36 AM, John R. Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:
>
> It makes sense that users of the Intuit family of products want to leave, due to some of their business practices; and some desire to use an operating system that is not founded on enhancing the profits of the publishers at the user's expense.
>
> I watch Gnucash for fixes to these problems, but all I see are justifications of why they exist.  A 'preference' switch to allow users who are familiar and comfortable with the 'Intuit Way' to continue, vs. those with accounting knowledge who want a transaction to look like a transaction, could have it that way, is a possibility.  The end result would be a transaction posted to the appropriate accounts.

You’ll have a long wait, it’s not something that the GnuCash development team is interested in. The underlying conceptual designs of the two programs are too different. Quicken users who want a similar FOSS program should consider KMyMoney rather than GnuCash. Quickbooks users and Quicken users who are ready to graduate to real accounting are in GnuCash’s target audience.

Regards,
John Ralls