help finding my file

Lorrie E Clemens lorrieecc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 20:45:26 EDT 2017

Hello,
I am new to GnuCash.
I was able to download all of my information and balance my accounts
earlier this month and I did make a copy.
While I was doing all of the input I ended up having a lot of GnuCash
folders on my desk top.  I put them into the trash but have not deleted
them.
I wanted to put in more payments today, but I am not sure how to access my
data.  If I click on Gnucash-Intel it cannot pull up my account.
So I do I get back into my account and how do I prevent scores of GnuCash
folders from downloading on my desktop?  Also, how do I install the GnuCash
app so that it stays on my computer?  Or do I have to go on line to
reinstall every time?
Sincerely,
Lorrie Clemens