Report - Items sold, quantity and value

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:39:47 EDT 2017

Eduardo,

What you are describing is really part of an inventory/point-of-sales package rather than an accounting package.

However, you can possibly manage something by combining a setting with a transaction report.

Be sure when posting invoices to UNCHECK the setting to ‘Accumulate Splits?’

This will put each line of the invoice as a separate split which will then show up individually in a transaction report, which you could then possibly open in LibreOffice or other software and massage into a proper Item Sales report with additional totals/sub-totals.

As for existing invoices that have already been posted and paid, you could go back and unpost and then re-post them all without the setting checked, but you’d have to do them in exact order by date and even then might have some issue with payments not getting properly re-applied.

Even with this, I don’t think quantities would show up unless you made them part of the description line. (a bit of data duplication however)

Otherwise, the only option I can think of would be to set up a script to parse html versions of each invoice and then aggregate them into a csv file and proceed from there.

Regards,
Adrien