help finding my file

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Oct 20 18:32:50 EDT 2017

On Friday, 20 October 2017 23:03:48 BST Lorrie E Clemens wrote:
> HimDerek,
> So I am missing a step here.
> I double click on  Gnucash 2-6-18 and I get the box with authors, copying,
> etc. I click on Gnucash and I get the tip of the day, then a box pops up in
> the left corner saying that the file/URI/ etc could not be found. I must be
> taking the wrong path.
> Lorrie
> Sent from my iPad

Hi,

I don't use a Mac, so this is based on what I've read over the years on the
list...

You are on the right path, but not far enough along it.

When the "can't find file" dialogue box appears, close it, then go File->Open
and navigate to the folder with your data files in it.  look for
<something>.gnucash  not any of the backups with the string of digits, nor the
.log or .LCK files.  (<something> is what you originally called the datafile)

HTH,
Maf.