GNUCash Android Companion App Balances

john_mike mikestillingfleet at fastmail.co.uk
Sun Oct 22 03:54:34 EDT 2017

Good Morning All,

A appreciate that this forum is for the fully featured desk top version of
GNUCash.

However I wondered if any other user of the fully featured version could
help / advise / comment or pass on to who ever does support the android App
these thoughts.

As far as I understand the companion app is purely for recording
transactions on the move. This is exactly what I have been using it for with
the intent of exporting the transactions for inclusion in my desktop
version.

I have a couple of months worth of transactions to move across.

I was going to do this today and was in the process of reviewing what I have
on the phone.

I observe that the the balances shown for individual accounts on the phone
have absolutely no relation to the sum of the individual transactions
entered under that account.

I am just slightly concerned that these incorrect balances could in someway
be reflected on my desk top version. I cannot think how this could be as I
will be importing the individual transactions not the accounts and their
balances.

Does anyone else have this experience?

As the phone app cannot maintain a running balance of the transactions. I
wondered if it might be of value to suggest that the balances are removed
from the app as they are misleading. It remains extremely useful to be able
to record transactions as they occur and so the app is invaluable from that
point of view. I just wondered if the main focus of the app should be purely
on making the entering and transferring of transactions to the desktop as
simple as possible (for idiots like me).

Regards

Mike