[Solved] - OFX failing for Bank Of America Checking

Lincoln A Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Sun Oct 22 19:04:09 EDT 2017

Have you downloaded transactions from BAC in the past using Quicken ?
If so, you are probably already setup.

If not, you will have to call the Bank and ask for it saying you want
to download your transactions using Quicken.

They have to set it up for you... They may charge you for the service
if you you are not a "preferred client" (think "preferred rewards").

When you call them, if you have to, they'll tell you they don't support
GnuCash... they don't even know what GC is. So don't even tell them you
are using GC. You have to go through the setup, as if you are using
Quicken.  Most folks who are familiar with the setup wizard in GC can
fake their way through it.

Lincoln