Crashes importing CSV

Phillip Gotobed pgotobed at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 13:27:34 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I've been using gnucash for a bit now and had no issues once I started to
understand things but recently I tried importing CSV files, not for the
first time, and gnucash crashed. Going through some previous suggestions
I've tried re-saving the file, adding "," to the end of each line, removing
extraneous information, etc and nothing seems to work. No matter what it
crashes after I select which account to import transactions into. I also
went back to the old file that I had succeeded in importing before to test
it and that one also crashed the program now. I'm not sure what changed but
if anyone has suggestions that'd be great; I'm at my end here.

Thanks,
Phillip