Help needed: 2.6.17 not building on 32-bit systems

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 1 12:31:56 EDT 2017

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, Maf. King wrote:

> worked for me too.... try the direct link?
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=browse.html&product=GnuCash

Maf.,

   That worked for me. While I have (had?) a bugzilla account, I needed to
create one for gnome's version. I wrote a detailed description and attached
a file showing the warnings and errors that caused the build to fail.

   Re-running the SBo build script just now (after logging out last evening
and back in this morning) I saw other warnings I didn't see before. One of
these was:

(process:26946): gnc.module-WARNING **: Failed to dlopen()
'../../../src/html/.libs/libgncmod-html.so': libicui18n.so.51: cannot open

   That library version was hard coded in 2.6.16 and provided by
Slackware-14.1. Slackware-14.2 provides a newer version:
/usr/lib/libicui18n.so.56
/usr/lib/libicui18n.so.56.1
/usr/lib/libicui18n.so

   I can add the latest (complete) build log to the bug report as this might
augment what I've already provided.

Thanks all,

Rich