Help needed: 2.6.17 not building on 32-bit systems

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 1 13:56:59 EDT 2017

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, Geert Janssens wrote:

> Good luck. With webkitgtk you're probably busy for a couple of hours...

Geert,

   Sigh. Yes. It's a huge library. On the laptop with the Atom processor it
took about 24 hours to build; took about 7 hours on this dual-core AMD II
processor.

   There's another issue I need to resolve: apparently webkitgtk developers
switched to using cmake from the former compile; make; make install
sequence. The SBo script does not do cmake; I've written to the list and
webkitgtk package maintainer asking for help in getting it built.

Thanks again,

Rich