Unsaved Book

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Sep 2 04:56:23 EDT 2017

On zaterdag 2 september 2017 08:19:55 CEST isuy wrote:
> Hi, there was a power outage while I was working on GnuCash. Since then,
> whenever I start the program, instead of a window showing the opened
> gnucash file, it shows two buttons, "Save" and "Close"  with "Unsaved
> Book" on the title bar. I can still open the gnucash file from that
> window, but this is not normal. Another problem is that I can't change
> anything on preferences window. All check boxes and radio buttons are
> fixed.
>
> My OS is FreeBSD(ver 11.1) and I uninstall and removed ~/.gnucash and
> then reinstalled it, but the problem is still there.

These preferences are stored in OS X' native defaults system. It appears the
power outage has corrupted these in some way. These preferences are stored in
/Users/<yourusername>/Library/Preferences/gnucash.plist
You can try to restore a backup of this file from before the power outage or
reset your settings by removing that file.

Note the Library folder is hidden from the finder so to access it you'll have
to use Go->Go to folder... (this is from OS  X 10.7, the name and menu
location may have changed meanwhile).

Regards,

Geert