Help needed: 2.6.17 not building on 32-bit systems

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 2 10:46:20 EDT 2017

On Sat, 2 Sep 2017, John Ralls wrote:

> You're building too new a webkit. GnuCash 2.6.x requires the Webkit1 API
> which was removed after WebKitGtk-2.4.x. WebKitGtk-2.4.x uses autotools.

> GnuCash master uses the WebKit2 API and works with WebKitGtk-2.6.x.

John,

   Thank you for clarifying. I've removed the newer webkitgtk and am in the
process of re-building webkitgtk-2.4.11. I've also downgraded libwebp from
0.6.0 to 0.5.2. I'll then rebuild/re-install gnucash-2.6.13 (available on
the SlackBuilds.org site).

   I believe resolving version incompatibilities will fix the problem.
Perhaps that upgraded libicul18n libraries broke gnucash led me down this
long path. That'll be the next tests if needed.

Much appreciated,

Rich