Help needed: 2.6.17 not building on 32-bit systems

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Sep 2 23:35:49 EDT 2017

> On Sep 2, 2017, at 6:50 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 2 Sep 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>> I believe resolving version incompatibilities will fix the problem.
>> Perhaps that upgraded libicul18n libraries broke gnucash led me down this
>> long path. That'll be the next tests if needed.
>
>  I've cleaned out the rest of the cruft from long ago. There are now no
> duplicate files in /usr/ and /usr/local/.
>
>  With the older dependency versions, 2.6.17 now cannot find "libgnc-gnome".
> My web search for the package that provides that finds no hits. What should
> provide that file?

It’s part of GnuCash. Any library that starts with libgnc or libgncmod is part of GnuCash. Its main external dependency is libgtk-x11.so though it has several others in the Gnome stack.

You do know that there are distros that do provide GnuCash and quite possibly the other programs you need without your having to build them yourself, right?

Regards,
John Ralls