GC 2.6.99 built from git rev d96bb3ebd+ corrupts MySQL db

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Sep 6 18:08:17 EDT 2017

> On Sep 6, 2017, at 2:59 PM, Art via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> It reports that it's corrupt when I attempt to save a valid XML db to MySQL and in fact it is, as verfied through the MySQL workbench.
> However, I just downloaded 2.6.17 source from the GC web site and it works perfectly!
> Somehow git cloning 2.6.99 is not the right thing to do.
> Oops.
> Thank you, though I was looking forward to some down and dirty source code and API troubleshooting.

Please go ahead and do the down-and-dirty troubleshooting, just not on your production database! The SQL backend has been substantially rewritten for the next major release and needs thorough testing.

Since there are foo_back tables it would seem that a safe_save is getting interrupted.

Regards,
John Ralls