Mac OS accelerator keys

Deva - pobox.deva at outlook.in
Tue Sep 12 08:30:46 EDT 2017

Hello,

I am running Gnucash v2.6.6 on Mac OS Sierra.

This is in response to an earlier post clarifying how to setup keyboard access to frequently performed functions by Christopher Lam (see below). I couldn’t find a way to respond to that specific thread from my daily digest mail, hence this.

I presume that post was about a windows fix. On my Mac, I found a similar file called osx_accel_map under /Applications/Gnucash/Contents/Resources/share/gnucash/ui.

I edited the file (after making a backup of the original file) for the 2 lines mentioned in the earlier post, but instead of "<Primary>j" and "<Primary>l”, I changed it to “<Meta>j” and “<Meta>l” based on other such entries in the file.

I restarted gnucash after these edits, but these accelerator keys don’t seem to work on an open register. I tried pressing both <CTRL> as well as <COMMAND> for the <Meta> key, but with no effect - nothing happens.

Can you please let me know how I can set this up for a Mac?

Cheers,
Deva