Mac OS accelerator keys

Deva - pobox.deva at outlook.in
Wed Sep 13 04:35:08 EDT 2017

Thanks Christoph.

It seems all lines had that “;” at the beginning, even the commonly used cut/copy/paste, so it didn’t occur to me that these were commented lines.

I removed the “;” at the beginning of the said entires and it works just fine.

One peculiar observation though. I used <Primary> as a tag on some shortcuts while tagging the others with <Meta>. I was expecting the <Primary> ones to invoked by using <command>+key and the <Meta> ones to be invoked by using <Alt>+key.

However, on launching gnucash, all menu options get converted to <command>+key and can be invoked only by the <command> key (even the ones meant for invoking by the <Alt> key).

So, I closed gnucash and went back and looked the accelerator-map file again. And it looks like all the lines I edited with the <Meta> tag have been converted back to use <Primary> tag.

Not an issue, just an observation. I can make useful shortcuts for now - all to be invoked with the “Command” key instead of the “Alt” key. Just thought I’d list the observation here just in case the intended behaviour was different.

Thanks again to both of you for timely help.

Cheers.
Deva