nomenclatural clarification - parts of a transaction

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 15:23:06 EDT 2017

There is a special case when the first transaction line to be entered  has
a zero value then GnuCash does not require that there be any additional
lines.  This does not rigidly follow the double entry concept in my
opinion.   In that case I am not sure about notes, but I think that they
are permitted.

I personally think that this exception just confuses users that may not
know about single line versus two line display options and the split line
register view options.

David C