Backup help

Art pinaart at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 19:07:36 EDT 2017

 What are the OSes on the source and target computers?What is the external hard disk filesystem and how do you know it's compatible with both computers?

I assume you are able to run GC on both computers, hence the point of copying the db to the second one. E.g., I routinely archive my db from my Ubuntu 17.04 machine to a 5TB USB drive so I can restore it to my Windows 10 laptop when I'm on the road and vice versa to sync my backup repository.

- Art