Backup help

Art pinaart at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 20:28:01 EDT 2017

 I'm not familiar with "WinDrive". My 5TB USB drive is Seagate Backup Plus formatted to NTFS with a GPT (to handle drives larger than 2TB).
Since you said you could see the files from the first machine, the data was likely there. If you cannot see any files on the same drive from the second machine, I'd get another Windows 10 machine to see if it can read any files on the same drive. If not,the "WinDrive" is suspect.
BTW, I also have a 2TB drive powered by the USB port - that device occasionally fails if the host cannot  power the drive, i.e., the port can't handle the 500 mA peak demand from the drive, so it disconnects and the data corrupts. It's a nuisance, but it works most of the time. I generate checksums for my critical files so I can just destroy corrupt files and get another copy (I keep three copies of all my critical stuff).

- Art