Backup database

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Sep 18 13:54:45 EDT 2017

Hi,

Please remember to CC the list on all replies using your mailer's
reply-to-list or reply-all functionality.

Roger Oliver <rmomxtx at gmail.com> writes:

> Wasn't working with a detachable hard drive but I got it to work with a USB
> memory. Appears to be a problem with the detachable hard drive.

Ah.  GnuCash has no control over that. ;)

> Can you open a file in the cloud directly into GnuCash? Tried and failed once
> but I could be doing something wrong.

If depends how the cloud service is connected.  If it looks like any
other "local" drive then sure, just point GnuCash at /path/to/the/cloud.
However some apps don't do that and only provide a service to copy;
gnucash cannot directly use that.  So it all depends on what service you
want to use.

Hope this helps,

> Thanks,
> Roger

>     > Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>     > You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>     >

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745