Window location

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Tue Sep 19 10:47:41 EDT 2017

Hi all.

I work in a bit of an edge case, in that I have a very large desktop (just
shy of 7k pixels wide, over 1.5 meters of physical distance).  The main
gnucash window seems to save its location and always open where it was last
closed.  This is awesome.  However, nearly every other window (I think
probably every single other window, but I'm allowing that maybe there's
something I haven't noticed) opens at the 0,0 desktop coordinate (top
left).  This is way out of my eye line.  And yes, I'm aware this is a first
world problem of the highest order.  :)

Is this a problem anyone else even notices?  If not, I'm fine to suck it up
and deal, but it would be a huge convenience to me if gnucash was able to
save the locations of other windows, or alternatively, open them in the
vicinity of the parent window.

My C knowledge is fairly rudimentary, but I'm a competent programmer in a
few other languages.  I'd be happy to help out with a feature if that seems
like a thing I could reasonably help with, or if the core team doesn't
think it's high priority enough to put on the future feature list.

- Matt