Backup help

Klaus Dahlke kdahlke at gmx.de
Wed Sep 20 17:28:02 EDT 2017

I use gnucash on linux with postgres as the database. Usually, I shutdown/switch-off my PC during night time. I have a shutdown script that a) dumps all databases do a second harddrive and then b) copies them to an USB stick attached to a raspberrypi in the network. If someone doesn't switch off her/his computer often a cron script running at night could do the same.

For other data I sync certain directories to an encrypted file system on Dropbox. But don't want to do that for the gnucash database (37 MB).

Cheers,
Klaus