How to deal with the cash flow and the credit card.

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 00:33:39 EDT 2017

As I have only one bank account the all payments are made from and all
income is deposited to I have setup scheduled transactions for all regular
transactions including credit card payments that are created 60 days in
advance which gives me a good idea of the cash flows required for the next
couple of months without having to run any reports etc.  A quick glance at
the Cheque Account register tells me how the next couple of months look
from a cash flow perspective.

I just manually update the actual credit card payment transaction amount
and date if required in gnucash when I get the statement from the bank and
reconcile the credit card account.

I also have the "Future Minimum" column visible on the Accounts tab as any
negative amounts show up in red for me here and stand out well.

Cheers Dave H.