OFX failing for Bank Of America Checking

Bill Starrs wjstarrsiii at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 21:09:17 EDT 2017

Hello,

Starting early this week, transaction and balance downloads started to
fail for Bank of America.  Settings still match what is referenced on
the OFX config pages.  I log into the website with the same userid and
password I always have used without issue.  No issues with Chase or
American Express.

Has anybody else seen this and gotten anywhere?

Sanitized log results below, thanks for any insights:

AqBanking v5.6.12.0stable
Sending jobs to the bank(s)
Locking user [-userid-]
Sending request...
Connecting to server...
Resolving hostname "eftx.bankofamerica.com" ...
IP address is "171.161.207.77"
Connecting to "eftx.bankofamerica.com"
Connected to "eftx.bankofamerica.com"
Using GnuTLS default ciphers.
TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:RSA-AES-256-GCM:AEAD
Signer not found
Certificate is not trusted
Connected.
Sending message...
Message sent.
Waiting for response...
Receiving response...
HTTP-Status: 200 (OK)
Response received.
Disconnecting from server...
Disconnected.
Parsing response...
Parsing response
Status for signon request: Signon invalid (Code 15500, severity "ERROR")
The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or
password.
Status for transaction statement request: Signon invalid (Code 15500,
severity "ERROR")
The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or
password.
Unlocking user [-userid-]
Postprocessing jobs
Job Get Transactions: finished