Cash Basis Reports

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Sep 28 05:20:15 EDT 2017

I'm converting from quickbooks.

In quickbooks, it was super simple to have a 'cash basis' system, and still
keep track of the monies owed using things like invoices and accounts
receivable. In the US, business smaller than a certain size can be on a
cash basis. My businesses have been cash based for about 20 years now, and
QuickBooks has handled it nicely.

The only time it matters for me is for my taxes. I need a balance sheet for
a cash business, as well as a P&L that omits A/R and A/P from any
consideration of profits or loss to comply with the US Tax code's
definition for such things for businesses that are on a cash basis.

Warner