MySQL Server connection timeout or keep-alive

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 2 17:28:32 EDT 2018

> On Apr 2, 2018, at 8:39 AM, Paul Neuwirth <mail at paul-neuwirth.nl> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> is it possible to change somewhere the connection timeout to a MySQL
> server on the client side?
> Or could it be possible to implement a keep-alive?
> Everytime the connection is lost, I need to restart gnucash.

I don't think that it's possible from the client. IIUC (and I'm not a MySQL expert, but if you're using it you should be or you should hire one) it's a server-side parameter called wait_timeout.

No, we're not going to add a keep-alive. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23399111/safely-keeping-mysql-connections-alive says that a connection pool is the right way to handle this, but the database abstraction library we use doesn't support that so it's not going to get added any time soon.

Regards,
John Ralls