2.7.8 fails to find environment file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 2 23:13:10 EDT 2018

> On Apr 2, 2018, at 5:59 PM, lj <lj308 at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> John Ralls wrote:
>>> (Should I write this up at bugzilla.gnome.org ?)
>> Sure.
>> We should be be using CMAKE_INSTALL_FULL_SYSCONFDIR to set the path so that
>> it always works no matter what cmake does with it, and cmake’s unique
>> understanding of the gnu coding standard leads it to do some strange things
>> with sysconfdir.
>
> OK I will open a bug report. I confirmed same behavior with 3.0.
>
> I'm also opening another bug report about the Export PDF button for reports. It does Print instead of export.
>
> By the way, why does 3.0 start up with:
>    "This is a development version. It may or may not work."
> (Written to stdout)
> It does work. Really!

Mike Evans beat you to the export PDF button, so I closed yours as a duplicate. “Exporting” to PDF is done via the print function in WebKit because WebKit is basically an Apple library and that’s how they make PDFs.

Did you build 3.0 from a git checkout or from a tarball? It’s only supposed to print that message when you build from git...

Regards,
John Ralls