No Suitable Backend Found - sqlite3 on High Sierra

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 00:45:34 EDT 2018

I was previously using 2.6.19 with sqlite3 backend.

I downloaded 3.0 dmg from the git link.

Closed GnuCash 2.6.19, replaced it with 3.0, fired it up and got the “No Suitable Backend” error.

No changes have been made to my sqlite installation in between.

I also tried File > Open, but the only format option given is ‘file’ and the error is the same.

Yes, the file is a proper .gnucash file and was open just moments before by 2.6.19.

I tried the download from SourceForge with the same result. Both files were verified with the supplied hashes.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Adrien